On Monday April 20th at 4pm, I’ll be the guest on MusicTherapyEd.com‘s Mindstorm Mondays webinar- and I’ll be talking about self-care for music therapists. Being a helping professional is not easy, and through my career I’ve learned that to truly provide my clients with quality care, I have to take care of myself. Your most valuable instrument is you.
Register and reserve your spot here to watch it live for free. In case you can’t make it, or if you are reading this after it aired, a recording of the webinar will be available at musictherapyed.com.
Some of the things I’ll be covering:
- Why self-care is so important and how to recognize when you need it most.
- How to incorporate a self-care mindset into your routines.
- Strategies for self-care and maintaining a work/life balance.
- Professional and personal self-care practices essential for therapists.
- Creative self-care practices to help music therapists protect their relationship to music.
- Why empathy puts us at risk for burnout and solutions for compassion fatigue.